Nicknames like K-girl, Ha and Horton

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Taken a Breather

Oh my Gosh! Have I been busy. Started work 2 weeks ago and LOVE it! Although I do have to say that the 5:45 am wake up call has been rough to say the least. I get up. Get myself ready. Get the kids up, feed them, dress them, fix lunches, bundle up and send them off to catch the bus. I then go to work....haven't a lunch break yet.....leave work at 5. Get the kids and am home by 6. Fix dinner, homework, bath, hugs/kisses and bed. THEN, I get to sit down. My appreciation to all the single moms out there has become magnified by about 100. This is going to be a rough road for a bit but I can do this.

Oh, did I forget to mention that my son turned 11 on Wednesday and I turned 40 on Thursday. My son got an xbox 360 for his birthday and I got to serve my passive-aggressive, OCD, Cheshire cat, Jekyll & Hyde spouse, divorce papers! Oh yipppeee, lucky me!. Somehow this is not how I expected to celebrate my 40th birthday. I had a beer and am now over it. I don't have time to wallow in anything right now let alone, self-pity.

I am going to do my bitch and moan session right now because I probably won't have the time on Friday. Here it goes. Friends.....some you THINK are your friends and then life happens and you realize how superficial and shallow (redundancy i know) they are. For instance. I have the plague with the group of "friends" I hung out with on The Rock of Hell. None of them return my calls and I had one today pretend she didn't see me in the store. She was my BEST friend there...I did actually have one call and at least have the balls to tell me she couldn't associate with me for fear of her husband's job. (yes my spouse has a far reach) You see, I was a "tennis club wife" for a while and associated with "those" types. I guess I am back to my roots now. Just a poor worken' kinda folk. Whatever! Then I have friends who appear to be friends but chatter chatter chatter about me all the time....as if I am talk show worthy. I guess it is easier to talk about the perils of bad luck and trouble with other people than to look inward at our own. What the fuck? What they fail to realize is we know some of the same people. So, yes, I know what they say. The judgement that goes on in these cases is just nauseating to me. I can handle it but when it comes to talking about my kids, the fucking line will be drawn! My kids have been through hell this year and my son is still pulling straight A's has been recommended for GATE, is doing great in soccer and is a typical 11 year old boy and my daughter, well she's my daughter and never missed a beat. So for all you nay-sayers out there who have looked down your noses at me and judged the choices I have made, I am doing right by my kids and they are and will be fine. Probably even better as adults then they ever would of been had I stayed. So fuck you, fuck off and go judge someone else!

3 Comments:

  • I am glad to see you are back at your virtual desk.

    I hope my Birthday wish to you was accepted as a show of support and not what you gripe about here. I am trying to give you space while at the same time letting you know that I am here to help any way I can. I know you are fiercely private and when you want me, you'll come.

    Whoever it is that is talking about you behind your back, lemme know and I'll go bitch slap them.

    By Blogger Swirl Girl, At November 9, 2008 at 4:45 PM  

  • and the Mercedes you rode in on too!

    By Blogger Jeanna, At November 9, 2008 at 5:37 PM  

  • I'm so confused. Guess my head is still all cloudy and fuzzy from weekend bliss. Anyway, if you hate 'em, I hate 'em. Just point at who I need to be hatin' on.

    And happy belated.

    By Blogger sassy stephanie, At November 10, 2008 at 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home