Nicknames like K-girl, Ha and Horton

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Gramanaise

Gramanaise - term my kids came up with for their crazy grandmother because she eats so much mayonaise it oooooozes off her food....GROSS!!

Slawbage - term my kids came up with for cole slaw that their grandmother made. She literally put cabbage and carrotts into a blender and pureed them to nothing and served it as slaw...YUM!

"So is walking" Gramanaise is persistent in her thoughts that my kids don't eat well so she makes all this shit that no one can eat because its horrible but healthy and then tells my kids to eat it because "its good fo you" (she uses baby talk a lot) Well, my son got tired of this and finally replied "so is walking"................side note.............gramanaise is about 100lbs over weight but claims she is healthy as a horse. I about died!

OK, here goes the whole name issue with her.

She requested intially to be called "Mimi". I was like, uhhh, OK, were you a former house maid in the south during the 1800's? I wanted to give her a red bandana..THEN she wanted to be called "Gramma Suzy". I was OK with this one since her name is Suzanne and it actually made sense. THEN she wanted to be called "Suzy Q". Great another member of the Hostess cupcake family. Thank God Twinky was taken. THEN she wanted to be called Virginia Gram (she moved to Virginia in the middle of night but that is another story) Great a fricken member of the Keebler elves now......Thank the holy heavens above she finally settled on one. We now call her .....drum roll please......Grandma Ginny. Oh yes, her name is Suzanne and it makes no sense except that she lives in Virginia but for the love of God we have a name! I just want to know what the hell happened to the simplified version of grandma?

The woman used a diaper bag for a purse at my wedding so what should I expect?

7 Comments:

  • Okay, you have me rolling! Gramanaise? really? too funny!

    By Blogger Blog Stalker, At September 4, 2008 at 7:28 AM  

  • Should I be offended that C used to call ME Grandma Ginny?

    By Blogger Jeanna, At September 4, 2008 at 8:25 AM  

  • Oh! My! Gosh! that was hysterical! I am sooo adding you to my blogroll!

    By Blogger amelia bedelia, At September 4, 2008 at 5:36 PM  

  • ok, call me dumb, but i can't get your blog to add right. go look.

    By Blogger amelia bedelia, At September 4, 2008 at 6:02 PM  

  • Ok, you're dumb, Amy. But you tell her K because I tell her that all the time and she just tunes me out.

    FUNNY!!! Grandma names are sacred ya know. I was like your mom and changed mine like 3 times because being 40 and a grandma was depressing enough. Just wait yung 'un. One day you will be doing the same thing!!!

    I am GiGi, because I am so continental. Ok no. I started out as Gran Jill, which was shortened to GJ, which was retarded, so I made them say GiGi.

    By Blogger jill jill bo bill, At September 4, 2008 at 6:38 PM  

  • K girl-

    you need to clarify that this is your MIL not your mom...so it's okay to 'dis her. Can't 'dis your mom...no, no.

    and, as far as adding you to the blog roll, I have done so as well - and can get to you only if I click on one of your comments, and then go to your profile and click on your webpage. Somehow, google doesn't let you visit your site unless invited.

    oh- and Amelia and Jill,Jill are my bloggy buddies too!

    and blogstalker is new to me, but welcome to come back anytime (within a safe distance of course...hahahaha)

    By Blogger Swirl Girl, At September 4, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

  • K girl-
    whatever you did, I can now click on you from my blog roll and get right here.

    -you mad at me for sending Ken home yesterday?

    By Blogger Swirl Girl, At September 5, 2008 at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home