Nicknames like K-girl, Ha and Horton

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Total strangers

have come to my rescue....literally. I am completely humbled by the random acts of kindness of total strangers. A newly found friend put the word out to her friends yesterday that she had a friend in need. Without any of them knowing me and simply trusting her, they have all donated money to help me. Words can not even begin to express my eternal gratitude and appreciation. Thank you isn't enough.

Am I deserving of this? I think so and here is why: The only thing I can think of is that it is the giving I have done in my life. I am one of those who gives $20 to the man/woman on the street. I buy food for their dog and have stopped and asked their stories. Many of us tend to judge their reasons for being on the street. Their stories have been interesting, sad, self-induced destruction and then.......there are people just like me. They had a lot and some odd chain of events turned their life upside down. Some may think I being dramatic here but seriously, think about it. I have no home to live in. I have no job (can't really get one that would support me here because of the "no hablo espanol' problem. which in turn translates into, "I HAVE NO MONEY". So without any of the above, I ask one question........

Would I be any different than the people we refuse to look at every day that come to the windows of our cars or we see sleeping on the park bench if I didn't have the friends I do?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home