Nicknames like K-girl, Ha and Horton

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Paintball Hell

OMG!! Have any of you went paintballing? My son talked me into it last Saturday and I had a BLAST!!! It was so much fun. Never mind the scorching 101 degree temperature and the fact that I had to wear long pants, long sleeves, a hooded sweatshirt, face mask and helmet and carry around a 10lb gun. Yep, you guessed, going again on Saturday. I only got shot twice but they were doozies...is that a word? All of you ladies out there that think it is for boys and their dads, Think AGAIN! I got some pretty decent shots in on some people.

On Saturday nite, I went to the BioBay. It was fantastic. We kayaked through 2 miles of mangroves into the bay where the water illuminated with movement. Totally awesome experience. There are only 5 in the world but only 3 currently in good condition because of all the crap we are doing to our environment......very sad. Kennedy said she like it because she felt like a ninja, sneaking through the trees. Colton, of course, stayed right behind the guides kayak and talked his ear off the entire time. The guide loved it though. My son is a wealth of knowledge.

Get this! Our tenants move out of the house and the family room wood floor needs an entire replacement because of the damage they did. They also didn't pay the last 10 days of rent and are all miffed because I told them once I received the repair estimate, that they owe us money and they would not be receiving their deposit back. They are now claiming "normal wear and tear" even though the flooring company says NO WAY.....stupid people even took my central vacuum attachments....WTF?????

Also in the midst of getting Marc's stupid attorney to file the right papers to remove the ban on me taking the kids off the island so I don't get arrested on Sunday...fun fun. At least the packers/movers showed up and did what they were supposed to do. Just hope the stuff gets there in one piece and in a timely fashion. 3 weeks to 3 months is what we are told. Trying to refi the house because of a really long story but because of the market, our loan to value isn't quite right and makes the interest rate one we can't afford. Trying to create a resume and find a job so we can afford to pay our bills......Does it ever end????

1 Comments:

  • I know it sounds trite - as I just said to YOU TODAY, but this too , shall pass.

    It will take time to get back to normal - but it took 3 years for things to get so f'ed up, so you gotta give it time.

    Stuff is just stuff. Floors and vacuum cleaner equipment, and paint and dishes...that's just stuff.

    Sanity can't be replaced.

    By Blogger Swirl Girl, At August 18, 2008 at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home